Wednesday 31 December 2014

Children's Granny Square Bags



There was just enough time today for a couple of quick makes - the last of 2014. It's so cold and frosty outside, I wanted to play with some lovely warm colours, and, having decided to make a little bag for each of my girls, I asked them to choose 3 or 4 colours apiece. Little Miss chose her usual palette of zingy pinks, and greeny-blues ....


.... whereas Little Tomboy went for the rather less girly primary colours ....




Each bag is made up of two simple 6-round granny squares, and one big long strip which forms the sides, base, and strap. This strip is just 2 long rows of (UK) half-trebles, and joined to the granny squares using a double-crochet along 3 sides.



The bags are lined with fabric from my stash - flowery for Little Miss ....


.... and a sort of goldy colour for Little Tomboy.


Add a button to the front of each bag, and a fastening loop (a length of 8 or so chains) attached to the middle of the back, at the top ....



....and ta-da! Two sweet little granny bags :)





Well, that's it for 2014 :) May you all have a happy and peaceful 2015

xxxxx


14 comments:

  1. Hello Jill, happy new year xx What fabulous little bags, I think my little A would be rather taken with one of those and quite possibly a friend of mine too!! We had a busy morning burning off some energy at soft play, followed by a Burger King treat and then home to an afternoon of hama beads. My little J is showing a flair for colours...Will post up pics in the New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of making them to sell. Dyiu think people would buy them? (Obv don't mean you or your friend !)

      Delete
  2. Hi again Jill!

    I've had such fun looking around at your last couple of posts and I can see that you're a kindred spirit in the stay-at home mom and crafting world. ;)

    I see that you'll easily be able to inspire me in all things crochet. You make it look awfully easy and makes me jealous for such a talent!! Oh well, one of these days I'm determined to master something in the yarn department. Lol

    I'll definitely be popping in again. Off to make goodies for the evening's fun. See you in 2015!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your New Year will be wonderful! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely are those crochet bags! Happy , sparkling new year and thank you so much for the visit!
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good mum you are! I love the pink one! I'm off to swim with Gracie.. then a nice dinner made by Dayle for New Years Eve. Have a great 2015!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Jill! I always love my visits to Emerald Cottage! Hope 2015 is happy, healthy and creative for you and your lovely family X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you so brilliant! I love them. Happy New Year to you and that gorgeous family of yours.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour bags that I am sure any small girl would love. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little bags which the kids can fill with all kind of treasures they find! I am sure they will be well loved!

    Happy New Year! Looking forward to read your blog journey in 2015!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little bags, love it that they are so different from each other!
    Wishing you a very happy new year too, love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jill! your bags are so, so cute! Such a simple but brilliant idea, I love them! Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh so cute they are !!!! very beautiful too !!!! I wish you the best for 2015 !!! and many many creations !!! have a lovely day and see you soon !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy new year Jill, lovely crochet bags and cleverly lined with pretty fabric.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting, and for taking the time to leave me a comment :) I really really love getting little messages, I read and value every single one, so thankyou again, and have a great day :)
Jillxxxxx