Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter Holiday Fun


Gosh has it been nearly a week since I last posted ?! Where has that gone! I can't believe the Little People have been off school almost two whole weeks now, the time really has flown by in a whirlwind of parks, friends, bikes and food. And a tiny amount of crochet. I must admit I could easily find it frustrating not to have more time to crochet and blog, but in truth I've loved spending time with the children. I know that the time that they will want me with them won't last forever so I'm making the most of it :)

We went to various parks ...

... we played in the sand ....

... we built sand mountains ...

... we went to the fair and went on the swinging chairs ....

 ... and the zoomy round motorbike thingymajingy ...

... and I managed a bit of crochet whilst supervising from afar ...

One morning I took them on a children's First Aid course. Little Man was very reluctant, and I was a bit worried that I'd got it badly wrong, however they all had a great time. (He proclaimed later that it had been the best day ever - praise indeed!) They got to take part in question answering, saw a few videos, and acted in some role-plays - rather over dramatically in the case of Little Man who was pretending to be a patient with a cut, but acted like someone having a limb cut off with no anaesthetic (very funny, lots of giggling all round). Best of all there were crisps and biscuits at half-time... cappuccino and grapes for Mummy. Actually I tell a lie, best of all was the First Aid kit that they each received for attending the course ...

... Little Man is (rather-worryingly) desperate to use his ...

Today we started our 5-day intensive Get-The-Girls-To-Ride-Their-Bikes mission. Little Miss is capable but Very reluctant, Little Tomboy is extremely enthusiastic (in fact Desperate to do it) but has rubbish balance. They are currently aged 9 and 6, so Little Miss at least should by now be able to manage. So we had a few practises of wheeling yourself along without pedalling, and before I knew it she was just pedalling and doing it....."Mummy, I can't believe I am going to say this, but its FUN" Yaaaay!!!! 



That's a Big Thumbs Up from her then :) and 50% of the mission accomplished.
Little Miss on the other hand is still Very Wobbly even just wheeling herself along, so it's pedals off for her at the moment, and we'll give it another go tomorrow.

It's been busy and fun leaving precious little time for crochet or craft. I've managed to finish all the squares for the baby blanket I'm working on ...... you can see the last one in progress here ....


... phew ... and the other are all there in the tin, awaiting ends being dealt with. Really hoping to finish it over the weekend but there may still be too much fun to be had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for visiting, and for taking the time to leave me a comment :) I really really love getting little messages, I read and value every single one, so thankyou again, and have a great day :)
Jillxxxxx